The Art Production Designer Italy will work closely with the production and creative teams.
This position will play an integral role in connecting editorial, operations, production, and creative teams to ensure layouts are correctly designed and adapted in a timely manner.
Responsibilities may include:
- Work with the Creative Director, art team, and editorial team to support and execute the design and strategy.
- Work with Production Directors, Director of Editorial Operations, and local market editors/leads to ensure the editorial team meets all content deadlines.
- Manages local issue lineup, allocated page budget, and editorial map/flatplan makeup (including FOB adjacency needs) in close collaboration with editorial lead and print sales counterparts.
- Liaises with Print Production and Repro.
- Traffics stories through workflow in collaboration with Editorial and Creative teams.
- Prepares layouts for networked content* and performs production tasks (flows and styles text, attaches K4 articles, works with editors to resolve fit as needed, distributes PDFs).
*Note: Art Director or other designer/creative staff to review and approve any adapted layouts.
- Assist in the creation of layouts and designs.
- Prepares layouts and exports hi-res print-ready PDFs via Dalim or equivalent delivery system (aka “shipping pages”).
- Performs quality check and approves DBLs (digital blue lines, “blue prints,” sherpas, or equivalent proofs) for press.
- Performs post-issue tasks: Collects final layouts/ image assets and sends to Archive/DAM; creates and distributes final issue PDFs (including for Marked Copy where applicable).
- Help coordinate the commissioning of original creative artwork (including illustrations, infographics, icons, and animations) where needed.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience working in publishing, media, or a similar field
- Technical skills: Proficient working in InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, and Illustrator with experience using K4.
- Strong communication skills and high attention to detail; has the ability to multi-task and delegate work; thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced creative environment.
- Near-native-level English speaker.
- Experience with issue flatplanning.
- Ability to set and enforce deadlines, communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5